Sunday, August 31, 2008

More Teachers' Day presents.

Hm it has been a very long and tiring day for me today... but i am really very happy & (very full becos of the buffet dinner) that i am just not sleepy and wanna share these with those who reads my blog.

Received a few more gifts from my students today...



Cute & lovely gifts~!

And the cards that they designed! WOW... i nv did these when i was a kid...my art is really horrible all the while...but these kids are fantastic....ask me how old are they man!!!

For all these years, teachers' day has always been "just another day". When i was still a student, this day is a day where we have 1/2 day school on the eve...sing songs , perform for teachers..give them presents..hee hee and haha and then get another holiday off from school. When i started my tuition classes, I do receive little gifts here and there or small little notes they write on the wrappers like "Happy Teachers Day", "Thank You".... etc etc... Frankly speaking, all this while, when i receive their presents, all i felt was this...

" em....very happy ... at least they show appreciation and not take me for granted..."or "I am paid to teach them..so actually quite paiseh they buy things for me" etc etc...

Strangely enough this year i got another kind of feeling... I felt touched by what they wrote.
Perhaps its because I know they personally wrote it themselves (not parents do one..) Or maybe the feeling of "being a teacher" has sinked in my mind.. I dunno how to explain...but its kinda a different emotion.... 9 years tutoring... then i get this feeling...and at many times, i have that 冲动 to stop my lessons... and go take some Masters or what... But somehow...many factors will bring me back there..



Or perhaps its no longer a money making process but rather a passion.......

Till that feeling becomes stronger.... I am still who I am..... {Someone who can spend 24hrs like 48 hrs}

No comments:

Post a Comment